To make sure your website and business are truly 100% compliant with the upcoming GDPR, you ideally need a readiness assessment performed by an industry expert. Such as assessment will provide a visual gap analysis of all aspects of compliance showing where your business is in relation to being fully compliant. This would then be followed by a readiness report with clear guidance on actions required to reach full compliance.
We have partnered with a seasoned Data Privacy consultant who is performing these readiness assessments and reports, though at the time of writing you may need to join the queue is his services are in high demand right now. If you don't make the deadline of the 25th May 2018, it is at least better to be fully compliant a bit late than not at all. Clear signs of efforts to become compliant will likely reduce the chance of warnings or worse, fines.
Depending on the scale and simplicity of your business, you may decide to take a risk and not have a full readiness assessment, in which case it is worth at least ensuring your web site is as compliant as it can be.
We can help out with these 5 areas of GDPR compliance
- A website cookie review to understand all cookies in use
- Creating a cookie consent notice with details of each cookie type and options for visitors to accept all or manage there cookie settings for your site
Right to Access, Erasure and Portability
- Create a page with tools for visitors to access the data your website holds about them, download it or delete it
- Ensure all forms on your site that ask for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) ask for suitable consent and record this correctly
- If you use Google Analytics, we can modify the configuration such that you can enable tracking before having to ask for consent. This helps to keep a more accurate overview of your sites traffic and usage
Using our services to assist with GDPR compliance does NOT guarantee compliance to GDPR. By using our services, you agree to this disclaimer. The templates and software we use have been reviewed by legal professionals but they are NOT meant to constitute client-attorney relationship or personalised legal advice. Stafferton Consulting Limited is not eligible for any claim or action based on any information or functionality provided by this service. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect of usage of this service. This service follows best practice to meet some parts of GDPR, but is NOT meant to serve as complete compliance package. For compliance audit or further help contact data privacy professionals. As each business and situation is unique, you might need to modify, add or delete information in these templates. In addition to this, you will need to audit all your processing activities for achieving compliance to GDPR. Compliance to GDPR is a risk based ongoing process. We are here to get you started.